Friday, March 10, 2006

Full of Goodness

Thanks to Edith, I managed to make this mango dessert 楊枝甘露 a few days ago. I first had this in a dessert shop in Chinatown and found it very refreshing. It has mango and pomelo in it, but I could not figure out what else is inside to make it so smooth and almost creamy. It was only later that I found out this is a popular dessert in Hong Kong. When I saw the recipe in Edith's blog, I knew I had to make this. It is indeed very delicious and cooling for the hot weather these few days. We polished off 3 bowls between the two of us.

As I couldn't get pomelo, I used grapefruit instead, which explains the pinkish bits.


And of course, I was experimenting with my bread. I am attempting to bake 'healthier' breads and got this recipe from a member of KC. So with this loaf, I added in some wholemeal flour. Texture-wise, it's soft, but not as soft as white bread (as expected). So I would be doing more experimentations.

2 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

The bread sure looks very soft in the picture.

Nice bowl of mango dessert!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ching :)